This has not been a kind week in our household.  My 5 year old daughter started off the week (on a holiday no less) quite sick with a fever and throwing up.  That saw her missing school on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, whatever she had, my 3 year old had something similar.  Fever on and off and general malaise but was not throwing up. I weighed in the morning (I'll get back to that in a minute) and had been fighting the feeling of nausea on and off all morning.  In the afternoon, I ended up sick myself (at least I wasn't running to the bathroom to throw up! LOL) Thursday saw one of my dayhome kids sick (slept most of the day) but was in good spirits but cuddly at times. Thursday night saw my 3 year old sick again with round two, this time with throwing up.  And Friday, it appeared we were on the mend. Yesterday, all 4 of us had come down with varying degrees of colds.  Fun?! Not so much! LOL

Wednesday weigh in saw me with a 2.6 lb loss.  I almost cried when I saw how close I am to attaining that 100 lbs loss.  1.2 lbs to go! And then 2.2 lbs to go until I am finally in Onederland!  I am going to be an emotional wreck at weigh in's the next couple of weeks!  My friend and I have set up a little mini challenge that if we meet our goals, we are going to give ourselves a mini spa night out, likely with pedi's/mani's.  That alone is making me excited as I have never had a pedicure before! I am pretty sure I will need to book another one for sandal weather so I can sport any new toenail polish out in all its glory LOL I don't know if my friend will meet her goal since she is already in maintenance phase of Weight Watchers but just wants to lose a bit more weight to be more comfortably in her healthy range.  I imagine she is going to do the mani/pedi anyhow to celebrate with me. And I am still wanting to do my hair professionally so I can finally stop having "mom" hair.  You know, the hair that doesn't do anything but lie flat on your head and looks like it hasn't seen the inside of a salon ever.
Its funny. I have lost this weight and now I am noticing that my views on myself have changed quite a bit.  My self esteem has definitely improved and I find myself wearing fitted tops and caring about how I look. Now if only it wasn't so expensive to change my clothes, hair, makeup etc. I do think that after 100 lbs lost, I deserve it no matter if it costs money. Just have to convince the husband of it now LOL My birthday is coming up and he will be out of town then.  Do you think I can guilt him into it? Or will he just understand.....

Since starting Weight Watchers, I have been way more adventurous with my food choices and am always looking out for new recipes to try.  To be honest, there aren't many that we keep in regular rotation.  It has to be pretty special to be a complete keeper and pass the hubby and kids test.  I have only found a couple of recipes that have met that criteria.  One comes from the Weight Watchers recipes Goddess herself Gina at Skinny Weight Watcher.  She always has fabulous recipes posted all the time and you just have to stop by there to at least take a look at the recipe she spent 9 months perfecting! ;) Gina's recipe for Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia is one of those recipes that we keep handy.  It gets my vote when both my girls ask for seconds for fish because they love it so much!

And lastly, I leave you with this little diddy. Thank goodness workout dvd's don't look like this anymore! And why the hell did we ever think it was a good idea to wear those?! I can't imagine squeezing my fat ass into one of them to workout. How hard would it be to take off once you sweated in it?! LOL



And here is one more. Anyone recognize the main actress in this one? The picture on her bedside table makes me feel old! LOL




Diane

0 comments: